Saturday, March 10, 2012

Madeleines&Movies

Hey there, World and Wonderland!
Right after "Carpe Diem" I got up around 7 o´clock this morning and finished the 
Madeleines for which i had to do the batter the day before. 
Anyway before that I need to say something to sookies last post about KONY 2012. Movies like that are there to think about. Being blind and just seeing black and white unfortunately doesn´t help.
So I´ll start of with a little nonsense theme:

 
yes, i did think about this fact and really figured out some true positive aspects of being a movie figure ;) 

1. If i was a good person I would be pretty!
just think of all the Princesses, think of Alice (she´s somehow cute, isn´t she?), 
Tinkerbell or Nala from the Lion King.

2. If I was evil I´d have a crazy laugh!
even better than being pretty...

3. Every sad moment would be followed by a happy second!

4. I´d have my own soundtrack!
And if something bad was about to happen I´d know in advance ;)

5. Love would always find its way!

6. Magic existed 
(at least in the disney movies I watch...)


So, as I have annoyed you enough with stuff like that here´s my weekend-project: Madeleine-Muffins :D as my blogger-friend from Nerdsworld asked me for a Recipe for Madeleines I tried one out and on the right you can see the result! It wasn´t that hard at all and they don´t taste as much like the cookies of the evil side as the stuff I normaly bake does.
But as I don´t own any Madeleine-pan I did them in mini-pans for pralines or mini-muffins... so it´s my variation of Madeleines Classiques but it´s the same thing :)

here´s what you need, the full recipe from smitten kitchen you can find here. 
Classic Madeleines [Madeleines Classiques]
Adapted from Patisserie Lerch, via Paris Sweets
105 grams all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking soda
2 large eggs, at room temperature
100 grams sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
70 grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled



got something to say about food, disney or the rest of your life?
cheer me up - leave a comment
Love&Rocketz,
pine aple

6 comments:

V.I.P. said...

oh... people believe me no one of you wants to know what helps me to smile again but hey Bambi showed me a vid yesterday and I thought I should share it with you guys. I don't really like the song but the video is fun to watch especially in the end!
@pine aple:nice madelines :)

love V.I.P. <3

V.I.P. said...

here is the video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic&ob=av2n :)))))))))

pine aple said...

uhm...could you maybe filter out the fun part 4 me...?

V.I.P. said...

the "HOT" guy is gay and she was trying to impress him all the time and just gets it in the end... A little genious like you is also allowed to not get something by the first time okay :)
And I officially wanted to show ya the video cause of his awesome body! :)

pine aple said...

haha, watched the vid xD
*rofl*

Neerd said...

Aw.. The Madeleine's look amazing. *-*
Ugh.. I missed so much stuff on your blog, I really need to catch up on that... New post on my blog also coming very soon :)